About Me

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
I've been battling my PCOS diagnosis for nearly a year now and I'm on my way to living a healthy, productive life. With God by my side, a little education, and a lot of discipline ... life is good. I'm married and expecting our first child! If you're looking for advice on drug therapies and quick fixes, you're in the wrong place. Here, I am taking a diet based approach to PCOS and doing great. But I won't lie, it's a bumpy road and there are backslides. I'm still learning and the journey is far from over. But we take it one day at a time ... and always look to God for guidance in our times of need. :D

Friday, July 18, 2014

PCOS ... one year after the baby!

Hello PCOS'ers! 

How is it going you might ask? Very well! 
I saw the image posted on the right originally shared by PCOSDiva. I am inspired on a whole new level. 

It is strange how a simple motivational quote can change your whole perspective. I have been spending this week treating myself as a person who has already conquered this illness. 

I am not the chubby girl looking to get her will power back (like the woman I really am) ... in my mind, I've been thinking of myself as the woman I was before I became pregnant ... the confident, in control, vibrant Diva I was for so brief a time. 

Children change everything, that is true. But it isn't that it's hopeless, I have to adjust my thinking and routine to be both a caring, attentive mother and a woman in charge of her condition! It is hard work, but I can DO IT!!! Work full time, and instill Godly values into my family, educate my son, cook, clean, and BE A DIVA!! 

SUPERWOMAN!!!! (Couldn't do it without God and my superman beside me).

No comments:

Post a Comment