About Me

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
I've been battling my PCOS diagnosis for nearly a year now and I'm on my way to living a healthy, productive life. With God by my side, a little education, and a lot of discipline ... life is good. I'm married and expecting our first child! If you're looking for advice on drug therapies and quick fixes, you're in the wrong place. Here, I am taking a diet based approach to PCOS and doing great. But I won't lie, it's a bumpy road and there are backslides. I'm still learning and the journey is far from over. But we take it one day at a time ... and always look to God for guidance in our times of need. :D

Friday, July 6, 2012

Recovery

I want to thank all of my readers who have written me over the past month wondering about my absence from this blog.
I am sorry I have been absent for so long and I thought it was important to share with all of my fellow PCOSers what has been happening in my journey.
Last time I wrote, I shared that I was expecting my first child. ... Unfortunately, I lost that child in my 9th week of pregnancy. (The pregnancy was ectopic, growing in my left fallopian tube).
I'm glad they found it when they did because it was on the brink of rupturing and it was a life threatening situation. :(

So, on the afternoon of my first ultrasound, I was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. I lost the baby and the left tube. ... Ever since then, I've been at home recovering, just trying to get back on track.

My family, friends, and my fellow PCOS gals have been a tremendous help through all of this and I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and prayers.

This whole thing has been a part of my journey ... a very interesting, stressful, depressing, and inspiring part of my journey.

I am comforted that I now know that I have healed myself from this condition but must continue the fight every day. Although this pregnancy didn't take, it wasn't lost because of PCOS or because of my health. It was a random event that no one could have controlled.

I look forward to the family I will grow one day and know that when the time comes, my little one will greet me in Heaven. ... I never knew them, but I loved them just the same.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment