About Me

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
I've been battling my PCOS diagnosis for nearly a year now and I'm on my way to living a healthy, productive life. With God by my side, a little education, and a lot of discipline ... life is good. I'm married and expecting our first child! If you're looking for advice on drug therapies and quick fixes, you're in the wrong place. Here, I am taking a diet based approach to PCOS and doing great. But I won't lie, it's a bumpy road and there are backslides. I'm still learning and the journey is far from over. But we take it one day at a time ... and always look to God for guidance in our times of need. :D

Monday, March 5, 2012

Cinnamon .... A Treatment for PCOS?

I read a study today about cinnamon and it's medicinal effects on PCOS and diabeties.

Essentially, cinnamon is linked with the reduction of blood sugar and the management of insulin levels. Check out the article here.

I am intrigued about this, especially after hearing my friend Juan's account about how ginger has all but cured his gout problems. ... Not only that, but my friend Rubina also has her husband using ginger tea to help with his shingle pain.

With all of the things that God creates for us to use ... why wouldn't he create some things that would cure  our ailments? It is common knowledge that many of the wonderful medicines that doctors use today were found growing naturally in the rain forrest or from a particular hair that grows on the nose of a unique animal. God gave us all of the plants and animals on this Earth for our use ... to consume to nourish our bodies and for us to protect. I love the fact that our our Lord gives us all we need on this Earth.

Has anyone out there tried this out? Did it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment