About Me

Douglasville, Georgia, United States
I've been battling my PCOS diagnosis for nearly a year now and I'm on my way to living a healthy, productive life. With God by my side, a little education, and a lot of discipline ... life is good. I'm married and expecting our first child! If you're looking for advice on drug therapies and quick fixes, you're in the wrong place. Here, I am taking a diet based approach to PCOS and doing great. But I won't lie, it's a bumpy road and there are backslides. I'm still learning and the journey is far from over. But we take it one day at a time ... and always look to God for guidance in our times of need. :D

Friday, March 9, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Last night, I went grocery shopping after work and I found some excellent finds in the health food section. I have to share all of these amazing finds with you. Yes, we are supposed to limit carbs, but from time to time, a little treat within reason can't hurt ... and those Kashi Steamer meals are good anytime. It's all about balance and we need good carbs to live a balanced life ... these options have helped me stay on track and keep away from the cupcakes and deep-dish pizza.




AMAZING FIND #1:
Kashi's Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Soft-Baked Cookies!
Okay Okay, so they don't taste like traditional cookies. But I have to say, after not having cookies for over 6 months, it was exactly what I needed to satisfy a craving. Yes they are sweetened, but with all natural honey which isn't bad for us PCOSers. Not only that, they are made with stone rolled oats. I had ONE ... yes, just one ... everything in moderation, even the good stuff.





AMAZING FIND #2:
Kashi's Roasted Vegetable Thin Crust Pizza!
Kashi has done it yet again with this amazing pizza. Got a craving for some pizza pie? Oh, this will curb this craving.
Whole GRAIN crust, all natural ingredients, it doesn't get better than that!






AMAZING FIND #3:
Kashi's Steam Meals!
Gotta love Kashi .... These steam meals are packed with protein, what us PCOSers use for energy! They take 4.5 minutes to cook in the microwave and are delicious, which make them perfect for my dinner at work when I don't have a lot of time and don't feel like cooking. Hey, it's how to manage my PCOS realistically for me.


AMAZING FIND #4:
Cascadian Farm Organic Kids Cinnamon Crunch!
Whole grain cereal with CINNAMON! If you've read my previous post on cinnamon, then you already know about what cinnamon can do for PCOS. I am very excited about this find. A small bowl with some organic milk and a half a banana. Yup, that's a great breakfast. For that perfect PCOS breakfast, sprinkle some flavor-free protein powder on your cereal. (Yes, it is hard to find). Or if you're like me and don't like cereal in the morning ... a small bowl will make a perfect snack at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment